The Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies was adopted at a special meeting of Full Council on 29 January 2015.
- Adopted Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies and supporting documents
- Council meeting 29 January 2015
The development plan is made up of the Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies, the Local Plan (Part Two) Land Allocations and Detailed Policies and any made Neighbourhood Plans. See the adopted development plan page for further information.
In line with Regulation 10A of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended), a review of the local plan must be completed five years from the date of adoption. A review of the Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies was carried out and reported on the 20 January 2020. For the reasons set out in the report and attached appendices, it was found not to require updating.
Kevin Ward BA (Hons) MRTPI was appointed as inspector to conduct the independent examination to determine whether the Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies is sound.
The hearings for the examination were held between Tuesday 17 June 2014 and Friday 4 July 2014.
Further information on the hearings, the Inspector's consultation on main modifications and the Inspector's report and schedule of main modifications are available on request.
The Local Plan and all supporting documents were submitted to the Secretary of State on Monday 23 December 2013. This followed the formal approval of the submission documents by a Special Meeting of the Council on 19 December 2013.
A copy of all submitted documents are available on request.
Publication Draft consultation
The Council published its Draft Local Plan for an eight week consultation period were submitted to the Secretary of State at the submission stage mentioned above.
Local Plan (Part One) timetable
The list below sets out the main stages in the preparation of the Local Plan.
- Consultation on initial Topic Papers - 2009 - Completed
- Issues and Options consultation 11 November 2009 - 13 January 2010 - Completed
- Consultation on development options March - June 2011 - Completed
- Preferred Policy Directions 10 week formal consultation - 31 August - 12 November 2012 -Completed
- Publication Draft Local Plan consultation - 6 September - 1 November 2013 - Completed
- Submission - 23 December - 2013 Completed
- Examination hearings - 17 June - 4 July 2014 - Completed
- Main modifications consultation - 8 September - 17 October 2014 - Completed
- Adoption - 29 January 2015 - Completed