Comments and Complaints Procedure

​We will deal promptly with any complaints about the services we provide. Compliments are passed on to the people concerned and we use your comments to help us improve our services.

Any Queries or Complaints for the Solutions Team?

Fill in the online form, or send feedback or compliments to;

The Solutions Team,
Cheshire West and Chester Council,
4th floor HQ,
58 Nicholas Street,

Email us:

Telephone us: 0300 123 8 123

Visit a customer service centre.

Please note: Complaints about Councillors, Health and Social Care, Children's Services, Housing and Schools follow a different procedure.

What happens once I have made a complaint?

​Your complaint will be acknowledged by the Solutions Team by letter or email to confirm we have received it. It will be sent to the relevant service for investigation and response at Stage 1 of the Corporate Compliments Comments and Complaints Policy (CCC). If we have made a mistake, this stage allows the service to put things right and make an apology.

The acknowledgement letter will tell you the name and telephone number of the Solutions Team Officer coordinating your complaint and how long the investigation is likely to take.

In normal circumstances, we will aim to respond to your complaint within 20 working days of receipt and you will usually receive a response direct from the service you complained about. Sometimes, more complex issues may take longer but we will keep you informed of our progress and will inform you, in writing, of any delays in our response.

If you are not satisfied with our Stage 1 response you have the opportunity to escalate your complaint to Stage 2 of the CCC Policy. Please write to the Solutions Team within 21 days of the date of the Stage 1 response letter, your letter should say why you are unhappy with the Stage 1 response and what outcomes you would like to see as a result of a Stage 2 investigation.

Your Stage 2 complaint will be referred to a Solutions Officer who will review the investigation of your complaint at Stage 1. The Solutions officer may challenge the initial investigation of the service. The Solutions officer will make recommendations for service improvements as appropriate and will then write to you to give the Council’s final response to your complaint within the Corporate Complaints Process.

What if I am still not satisfied?

If you remain dissatisfied after your complaint has been dealt with at both Stages of the Corporate Complaints Policy, you may wish to contact the Local Government Ombudsman Advice Team on 0300 061 0614.

  • You can complain at any time.
  • They are independent of the Council.
  • Can investigate on your behalf.

Making a complaint about other aspects of the Council's services

PCN Complaints

If you wish to complain about a PCN because you think it should not have been issued there is a special process for doing this. Please see the ‘How to challenge my penalty charge notice’ page.

Thanks! Your message has been sent.