Closing date: 16 November 2018We are currently undertaking a Community Governance Review of Bostock Parish, looking at the way local decisions are made on local issues in your community. We want you to have your say on whether the existing area of Bostock Parish should be extended. Following the initial consultation, the Council’s Community Governance Review Committee analysed the responses received and on 17 October 2018 made the following draft recommendations:
- The parish of Bostock should not be abolished
- The name of the parish should not be altered;he name of the parish should not be altered
- The parish should continue to have a parish council
- No changes should be made to the electoral arrangements that apply to the parish council.
How you can have your sayWe would like to receive your comments on the above draft recommendations, whether or not you agree with them and whether you have any further comments. You can do this by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to: Community Governance Review, Democratic Services, (Community Governance Reviews), Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port. CH65 0LB
What happens nextAfter the closing date, the Community Governance Review Committee will analyse the responses and then make it's final recommendations on 29 November 2018 which will then be considered by the Full Council at a meeting on 14 December 2018. Cheshire West and Chester Council has the authority to change any existing parish boundaries and in making it's decision, it must take account of public views and comments. The Council must ensure that community governance reflects the identities and interests of the communities in the area under review and is effective and convenient. All information regarding the Community Governance Review process can be viewed on the Council’s website: