This consultation is now closed.
Help shape the services provided to disabled children, young people, their parents and carers.
Over the last nine months the Council has worked with a number of key stakeholders including the Cheshire West and Chester Parent Carer Forum, along with Council staff, to understand the current experience of services for disabled children and young people in the Borough. We have also looked at other areas nationally in order to understand how their services are working. This consultation outlines the proposed changes that have arisen from this work. We really value your views on this vital area of Council services.
The consultation is open from the 23 June 2016 to the 18 September 2016 and is asking members of the public and stakeholders to consider how the proposed changes would affect disabled children, young people, their parents and carers.
There are three options for how we could design services, along with a number of underpinning changes, which could be applied to any new service arrangements.
How you can get involved
We would like to get your views on how we design services for disabled children and young people in the future. There are lots of ways that you can get involved:
- Online survey
- Collect a printed copy of our consultation booklet and complete a paper questionnaire – these are available from libraries and council buildings.
- Email your views to us at quoting ‘Consultation on services for disabled children and young people’: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Cheshire West and Chester Council - Information, Advice and Support Service, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
- Telephone Information Advice and Support Service quoting ‘consultation on services for disabled children and young people’ on: 0300 123 7001
- Ask your Social Worker for a copy of the questionnaire
You can also attend one of our Face to Face sessions available (if you are having difficulties in accessing these locations please call Information Advice and Support Service on 0300 123 7001, who may be able to help):
- 6 July from 6pm to 8pm at Tarvin Community Centre CH3 8LY
- 7 July from 10am to 12noon at Caldy Valley Neighbourhood Church CH3 5PR
- 11 July from 10am – 12noon at Winsford Life Style Centre CW7 1AD
You can share your views on the potential options until the 18 September 2016. Your views are really important and will help shape future services that will be provided to disabled children, young people and their parent and carers.