This consultation is now closed.
In October 2014 the Anti-social Behaviour Crime & Policing Act 2014 (the Act) introduced new powers relevant to tackling Anti-Social Behaviour. In February 2016 Cabinet approved the implementation of a 3 year Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) in Chester City Centre. The PSPO was implemented in May 2016 and now requires review before it is due to expire in May 2019.
The legislation states that the maximum time a PSPO can be implemented for is three years, before requiring a formal review. The PSPO will expire in May 2019 unless it is reviewed and measures re-implemented appropriately. There are no restrictions on the number of times the PSPO can be reviewed and re-implemented.
The PSPO contains the following measures:
- Deterring the use of Intoxicating Substances
- Deterring Public Urination/Defecation
- Controlling the use of alcohol
What are we consulting on?
Cheshire West and Chester is carrying out a public consultation to determine the views of the general public and other interested bodies on whether the measures contained in the PSPO are still supported and should continue.
How to get involved
The consultation closes on Sunday 11 November 2018. To share your views with us please complete the short online survey:
Other ways to get involved
- Request a paper copy of the survey via the email below
- Email your views to: PSPOconsultation@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Write to: Research and Intelligence Team, Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
How your feedback will be used
The outcome of the public consultation will be considered by Cabinet in January 2019 and the results will be made available on the Council’s website.
Council information is also available in audio, braille, large print or other formats. If you would like a copy in a different format, in another language or require a British sign language (BSL) interpreter:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123
- Textphone: 18001 01606 275 757