This consultation is now closed.
You may receive care and support in your own home or onsite as a resident of one of the Council’s Extra Care Housing schemes across the Borough.
Currently, the care you receive is bought by the Council from a number of care organisations who provide these services on behalf of the Council:
- If you receive care and support onsite in an Extra Care Housing apartment, this will be provided by a single care organisation (Allied)
- If you receive care and support in your own home this will be provided by one of the following organisations:
- Star Care
- AMG Nursing
- Care Connect Wirral (CCW)
- Home Care Support
- Premier Care
These contracts are due to expire next year and we want to gather your views about these services to help us shape them in the future.
What are we consulting on?
We need to make sure that the care and support you receive, whether this is in Extra Care Housing or your own home, reflects what is important to you as a service user.
We see these services as a valuable resource and we want our residents to receive care and support services that best meet their needs.
How to get involved
You can take part in this consultation as a service user or as a relative or unpaid carer of a service user.
Below are links to online surveys for those living in Extra Care Housing and those who receive care at home services (sometimes called ‘domiciliary care’).
- Extra Care Housing survey: this survey is for residents of our Extra Care Housing schemes (or their unpaid carer or relative)
- Abbots Wood Extra Care Housing survey: this survey is specifically for those who live in Abbots Wood Extra Care Housing scheme in Chester (or their unpaid carer or relative)
- Care at Home survey: This survey is for people (or their unpaid carer or relative) who have paid care at home and/or support workers, to help you with day to day activities.
Other ways to get involved
- Paper copies of these surveys are being distributed to all individuals who currently receive care and support services in the settings listed above. Additional copies are available on request via the contact details below. For other formats, please see the ‘Further information’ section below.
- Emailing your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us at Contracts and Quality Management Team, Commissioning People, Floor 4, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP (Please quote 'Care at Home consultation' on any correspondence).
How your feedback will be used
Following the consultation, a report will be produced for Councillors and the conclusions will then be incorporated into the design of the new service. All residents will be informed of the findings of the consultation and outcome of the decision.
Council information is also available in audio, braille, large print or other formats. If you would like a copy in a different format, in another language or require a British sign language (BSL) interpreter:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123
- Textphone: 18001 01606 275 757