This consultation is now closed.
We are currently analysing all the feedback received and results will be available from February 2021.
What is this consultation about?
We would like to hear your views on the proposed changes to the Adult Social Care Non Residential Charging Policy.
The Council is proposing changes to the way we charge for non-residential care and support services. The aim of these proposed changes is to make charges for services fairer and easier to understand, as well as to ensure that we can sustain these services in the long term.
The consultation sets out details of the proposed changes to the way the Council charges for care and support services, such as care received at home or within an Extra Care or Shared Lives facility, and provision of transport and support to manage finances.
- Summary document outlining further information on the proposed changes (PDF/A, 323KB)
- Summary document in easy read format (PDF, 5MB)
- Proposed Adult Social Care Non Residential Charging Policy (PDF/A, 667KB)
- Proposed Adult Social Care Transport Policy (PDF/A, 291KB)
How can I get involved and have my say?
The consultation is open from 27 July until 18 October 2020.
- You can tell us your views by completing our online survey
- You can also request a paper version or an easy read version of the document and questionnaire by calling the Council's Contact Centre on 0300 123 8123, quoting 'Charging Policy Consultation'
Other ways to take part
Comments can also be sent to us via the following methods:
- Email your views to: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Charging Policy Consultation, Insight and Intelligence, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Council Offices, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
If you would prefer to share your views by telephone, or would like to arrange to speak to someone about the proposals outlined in the consultation document, you can also call the Council's Contact Centre on 0300 123 8123, quoting 'Charging Policy Consultation'. Please be aware that the Council's Contact Centre is currently experiencing a high volume of calls, due to COVID-19, therefore there may be a short wait time to have your call answered.
What happens next?
The consultation closes on 18 October 2020.
The consultation findings will be used to help improve the proposed Adult Social Non Residential Charging policy and processes. The policy will be reviewed by the Council's Cabinet alongside the findings of this consultation in January 2021, to make a decision about whether to implement the policy. If the policy is agreed any changes will be implemented from April 2021.
The results from the consultation will be available on the Council's website in January 2021.
We welcome views from all sections of the community and would encourage everyone to take part in this consultation. Note that the Council has a responsibility to make sure that its services are available to all, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief or sexual identity. Comments that are offensive to particular groups or considered inappropriate under the Equality Act 2010 will not be considered or published as part of this consultation.