In developing these standards we have sought to:
- Set standards which are user friendly, customer focused and measurable.
- Clearly state how staff should behave in dealing with customers.
- Set performance targets which can be reviewed regularly.
- Give consideration to legislation, good practice and national standards.
Ensure staff are equipped to deliver services taking into account equality and diversity so that:
- Translation / interpretation can be arranged when languages other than English are used.
- Customers with sensory impairments can be assisted through their chosen medium, such as Braille or British Sign Language.
- Customers with a learning disability will be offered clear and simple advice and instructions, sensitively provided.
- Regularly ask our customers for feedback about our customer service.
- We will use this feedback to help shape the services we deliver.
- Ensure our staff are trained and competent to deliver our services.
- Ensure all staff and members are trained in Customer Care.