There are currently 33 elected members.
- Primary School Headteachers (five)
- Primary Governors (five)
- Secondary Headteachers (two)
- Secondary Governors (two)
- Special School Headteacher (one)
- Special School Governor (one)
- Nursery School Headteacher (one)
- Pupil Referral Units Executive Headteacher (one)
Academy members (including free schools) (seven)
- Primary/Secondary (six)
- Special (one)
Non schools members
- Diocesan Authorities (two)
- Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector (two)
- Trade Unions (two)
- 16-19 Providers (one)
- Chair of Primary Association of Headteachers (one)
Schools Forum members have a four year term of office and the Chair is elected every two years.
The Education and Children Portfolio Holder of the Council and a representative from the Education Funding Agency can attend as a non-voting observer. Senior Council staff act as advisors to the Forum.