- Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies - adopted on 29 January 2015
- Local Plan (Part Two) Land Allocations and Detailed Policies - consultation on preferred approach ended on 23 September 2016
- Current development plan - planning policies used by the Council when making decisions on planning applications
- Interactive Local Plan map
- Statement of Community Involvement - updated and approved by Cabinet Member on 28 October 2015
- Local Development Scheme - updated and approved by Cabinet Member on 29 January 2016
- Appraisals and Assessments of Local Plan documents
The new Local Plan documents and related work are reported in the first instance to the Local Plan Working Group.
Supplementary Planning Documents
The Council produced a draft Supplementary Planning Document on Parking Standards for consultation between 2 December 2016 and 13 January 2017. This will set out the requirements for parking provision in new developments. For more information and to read the draft document, please see our consultation portal.
The Council has produced a draft Supplementary Planning Document on Oil and Gas exploration, production and distribution. Comments were invited between 7 October and 18 November 2016. For more information, please see our consultation portal.
Two draft Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) were produced on Travel Planning Guidance and Houses in Multiple Occupation and Student Accommodation. Comments were invited between 11 November 2015 and 4 January 2016.
The SPDs were amended to take account of comments received. They were considered at a meeting of the Council's Cabinet on 16 March 2016.
The decision was made to adopt the Travel Planning Guidance SPD. It is now a material consideration in deciding planning applications.
The decision was also made by Cabinet to adopt the Houses in Multiple Occupation and Student Accommodation SPD, however that decision was called in. The decision was considered at a meeting of the Call In Sub-Committee on 19 April 2016. The Sub Committee agreed that the following recommendation should be made to the Cabinet Member: that consideration be given to future engagement with the local Students Union on relevant planning policy development.
This recommendation was proposed, seconded and carried by the Committee. The Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Infrastructure agreed to accept the recommendation. The SPD has now been adopted and is a material consideration in deciding planning applications.
Every year we produce monitoring reports which monitor the Council's housing land supply; the Local Plan documents and policies and minerals and waste technical information.
Documents and comments
You can read, download and make comments on consultation documents through our online consultation portal: