Closing date: 1 October 2018
The Council recognises that every person’s circumstances and needs are different and that service users and their families are experts in their own situation. Direct Payments can promote independence by providing service users and carers with greater choice over how they use their allocated funds and the opportunity to self-manage their care and have control over the services and the care they need.
The Council are planning to make a number of changes to the current Direct Payments Policy with an aim to:
- Increase choice
- Smooth processes, increase clarity and efficiency
- Reduce bureaucracy
- Increase take up.
What we are consulting on
We would like to hear your views in relation to the proposed changes to the policy and in particular the following areas:
- Permissible spend
- Notice period for suspension or cancellation
- Hospital stays
- Start-up payments
- Contingency costs
- Pre-payment cards
- Direct Payment agreement.
How to take part
Other ways to get involved
- Paper copies are available on request via the contact details below. For other formats, please see the ‘Further information’ section below
- Emailing your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us at Commissioning People Team, Floor 4, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP (Please quote ‘Direct Payment Policy consultation’ on any correspondence)
- You can also attend one of two events on 25 July at Ellesmere Port Civic Hall (2-4pm) and 1 August at Winsford Lifestyle Centre (2-4pm)
How your feedback will be used
We will be consulting on these proposals until 1 October 2018. The results will be made available on the Council’s website and will inform a report to Cabinet in January 2019.
- Council information is also available in audio, braille, large print or other formats. If you would like a copy in a different format, in another language or require a British sign language (BSL) interpreter:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123
- Textphone: 18001 01606 275 757