Closing date: ongoing consultation
Welcome to the Cheshire West and Chester Council provider feedback page.
This webpage has been designed for you to give us your feedback on the care you or your loved one is receiving from a care provider. This could be for a residential or nursing home, a day centre or if carers visit you at home. We also want your feedback if you access the Pathfinder service or the Cheshire West Carer support service, details of which can be found below.
Why we want your feedback
Your feedback is confidential and will help us when we carry out a quality inspection with these providers. We will be able to tell them when they are performing well or if things could be improved. The inspections Cheshire West and Chester Council carry out are in addition to those that the Care Quality Commission (CQC) complete.
Council quality inspections usually take place yearly; they help us to check if the care you are receiving is good quality, what you want or need and what the council has asked them to provide.
If you see, hear or suspect that an adult is at risk of abuse or neglect, or you are an adult at risk, please phone one of the following numbers. Information can be given in confidence:
- Telephone the Adults Safeguarding Team (Cheshire West Community Access Team) on 0300 123 7034
- or the (Emergency duty team – out of hours) on 01244 977277
- or contact the police on 101 (non-emergency) or 999 (emergency).
How to get involved
You can complete the feedback as a service user or as a friend, family member or carer of a service user. Please choose which type of service you would like to provide feedback for. Below are links to online surveys but you can request a paper copy or other formats by ringing the number at the ‘Further Information’ section:
- Care home survey: This survey is for residents (or their carers, friends or family) of all types of Care Home, including Nursing Homes and Residential Homes
- Respite Services survey: This survey is for users of respite services (or their carers, friends or family). Respite services provide short breaks to service users, either 1 day or longer, usually away from your home
- Home Care and Support Services survey: This survey is for people (or their carers, friends or family) who have paid care at home and/or support workers, to help you with day to day activities. It includes extra care housing schemes and mental health services.
- Autism or Learning Disabilities survey: This survey is for people with autism or learning disabilities (or their carers, friends or family).
- Day centres survey: This survey is for people (or their carers, friends or family) who attend day centres.
- Pathfinder survey: This is the councils “Early Intervention and Prevention Service” which started in 2018 but had its official launch on 1 April 2018. Pathfinder helps you to find local services or organisations within your local community that may be able to help you. This survey is for people (or their carers, friends or family) who have used this service.
- Cheshire West Carer Support Service survey: this is a service to support and advise unpaid carers and we’d like to hear what you think about it
How your feedback will be used
Your views will help us ensure that you are getting the services you need.
Further informationCouncil information is also available in audio, braille, large print or other formats. If you would like a copy in a different format, in another language or require a British sign language (BSL) interpreter:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123
- Textphone: 18001 01606 275 757