This consultation is now closed.
Cheshire West and Chester Council is currently seeking the views of staff and local residents on two key elements:
- How we develop our children's centres in future
- How we buy the right services for our local population
How we develop our children's centres in future
The core purpose of children's centres is to improve outcomes and reduce inequalities for young children and their families. There are currently 15 children’s centres that operate in groupings across the borough. The proposal is to formally group these in line with Department for Education guidance so that they are configured as eight main and seven linked sites within the existing groupings.
How we buy the right services for our local population
The Local Authority would like to provide opportunities to fully integrate services for all 0-19 year olds to ensure our children and young people have a seamless transition between the 0-5 years Healthy Child Programme and the 5-19 years Health and Wellbeing service. This is a model of service being adopted successfully in many areas across England.
There are three options that we are consulting on which you can view in more detail in the consultation document.
We want to encourage the public to have their say on our proposals before any final decisions are taken. Consultation is taking place from 4 April until 26 June, during which time you can take part and tell us about the things that are important to you.
How you can get involved
There are lots of ways that you can get involved:
Read our consultation on 0-19 years services and children’s centres document providing in-depth information about our proposals.
- Online questionnaire for professionals
- Online questionnaire for service users
- Complete a paper questionnaire which are available on request
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to us: 0-19 years services and children's centre consultation, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Council Offices, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
- Telephone: 01244 977020 and ask to speak about 0-19 years services and children’s centre consultation.
Council staff will be coming along to events and other activities in your local area to listen to your views.
Your views are really important in helping shape future services for 0-19 year olds and children's centres. We will consider all the feedback we receive and the results will be published in the Autumn.
The closing date for comments is Sunday 26 June 2016.