Cheshire West and Chester has four locality areas: Chester, Ellesmere Port, Rural, and Northwich and Winsford. The borough is made up of 46 smaller geographical areas called wards.
Population information is available at locality and ward level, with a breakdown by broad age groups and gender in the locality dashboard and Compendium of Health and Wellbeing Statistics.
- Population estimates Cheshire West and Chester 2016 infographic
- Mid year population estimates 2016 (borough)
- Mid year population estimates 2015 (borough, localities, wards and parish)
- Tartan rug of local health for Cheshire West and Chester wards (2016)
- Compendium of Health and Wellbeing Statistics 2016
- Locality dashboard
- Ward snapshots
- Geography guide
Population information is also available from the 2011 Census at local authority, locality and ward level. The 2011 Census includes estimates of the population by ethnic group.